The CAREC Institute Research Program 2009-2011 will explore fundamental questions in five areas critical to supporting and deepening regional economic cooperation among CAREC countries:
- The Influence of Space and the Impact of Regional Cooperation on the Growth of CAREC Countries
- Management of Resource Revenues in the CAREC Region
- Macroeconomic Policy Issues in CAREC Countries
- Structural Change in the CAREC Region
- Impact Evaluation of ADB Projects in the CAREC Region
Leading international researchers are working with the CAREC Institute in each area. The inaugural meeting of CAREC research institutes was held to introduce the research program to local institutes from the CAREC region and to explore opportunities for collaboration on specific research questions.