The CAREC Institute, in partnership with the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) and the Asian Development Bank Institute (ADBI), will deliver an online training course on “Industrial Value Chain Diagnostics for Policymaking” from 7 June to 20 June 2022 at 15:00 -16:00 (Beijing time/UTC + 08:00).
Many government, industry, and development groups are currently focusing on value chain development. Such agencies expect that by developing value chains, they may drive the formation of more revenues and job opportunities for diverse communities participating in industrial value chains, thereby reducing poverty and achieving policy objectives.
This training course allows participants to acquire the necessary knowledge to analyze specific industrial value chains and develop support programs to develop them. By performing the diagnostics, participants can take a “wide-angle snapshot” of the value chain and the constraints to and opportunities for its development. The information provided helps to make strategic decisions at the program or project level to implement development support measures at different points of the value chain. Due to its integrated character, this diagnostic tool also enables various entities in governments and the development community to join forces and cooperate in the development of value chains.
The course targets decision-makers, program designers, project managers, or other stakeholders engaged in active value chain development from the public, private, and development domains from CAREC member countries. All related professionals from the CAREC region and beyond are encouraged to participate through open login.
The module is an online self-study course, accompanied by UNIDO, CAREC Institute, and ADB Institute tutors. It consists of self-paced learning units, further reading, assignments, and a final quiz. After successful completion, UNIDO, CAREC Institute, and ADB Institute will issue a joint certificate.
The course runs on UNIDO’s e-learning platform at:
1. Visit https://learning.unido.org/ and create an account (if you don’t have one already).
2. You will receive an automated response email (check your spam folder, too) with a link to confirm your account and a Zoom link of access for the online meetings, as below:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 870 9624 8543
3. Once confirmed, please follow the direct course link: https://learning.unido.org/course/view.php?id=119.
4. You will be asked for a self-enrollment key. It is: CAREC2022
5. Voila, you are now enrolled in the UNIDO online course on Value Chain Diagnostics.