A. Background Information
Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation (CAREC) Institute has been established as a knowledge institution for implementing the CAREC Program.1 The mission of the CAREC Institute (CI) is to enhance the quality and effectiveness of the CAREC Program by providing evidence based research, capacity building services and networking with research institutions. CI will need to support the CAREC Program’s strategic goals more directly and effectively in all aspects of its knowledge program including working more closely with CAREC sector coordinating committees, and being strategic and practical. CI takes an integrated approach to implement its strategic knowledge framework of knowledge generation, knowledge services and knowledge management. CI, being a results-oriented institution, its regional knowledge programs are designed and implemented through closer partnerships, and extensive networking and more collaboration with specialized agencies and institutions.
CI, located in Urumqi, Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, People’s Republic of China (PRC).To support CI’s operational and administrative work, on a basis of the principle of openness, justice and merit, CI invites applications for national staff positions.
B. Required Positions
CI plans to recruit One (1) Finance Officer.
C. Functions, responsibilities, required qualifications and experiences:
Finance Officer reports to Head of HR & Finance Unit.
Functions and Responsibilities
● Assist in preparing annual budget and monitoring of its utilization;
● Assist in preparing and implementing financial regulations for CI;
● Assist in preparation budget utilization reports aimed at reallocating resources and re-prioritizing programs;
● Ensure compliance of financial procedures, regulations and accuracy of all expenditures;
● Process all documents for approval and financial closure;
● Prepare working papers and organize activities related to audit;
● Assist in implementation of compensation and benefit system for CI; and
● Any other relevant duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.Qualifications and Selection Criteria:
● Master’s degree in economics, business administration, finance, accounting and other related fields;
● At least 3 years of professional experience in the above related fields, demonstrated independence of thinking, team work and strong analytical skills;
● Proficiency in English and Chinese languages both oral and written;
● High proficiency in MS Office and Yongyou;
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
● Applicant must be Chinese national, and candidates will be considered on the basis of merit and suitability taking into account position requirements and overall qualifications.
D. Application Procedures
● The applications should be emailed to Ms Wendy (firstname.lastname@example.org)by 7:00 p.m., Beijing time, Wednesday, 10 April 2019. CI is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Competitive salary will be provided to qualified candidates. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
● The candidates are required to certify that all information provided on any employment application form, resume, or CV is complete, true and accurate to the best of his/her knowledge. He/ She understands that information may be verified and any misrepresentation of facts may be considered cause for dismissal regardless of when discovered by the CAREC Institute.
Central Asia Regional Economic Cooperation Institute
March 29, 2019